Thursday, August 09, 2007

New Nikon D80

Sent email to J&K camera sales department. (june-23)

Hi.

I purchased below item from you through the eBay.

Item # 280124898680 - Nikon D80 Digital SLR- 18-55mm & 70-300mm PRO 3Lens Kit

The camera was delivered today and I was very happy about fast shipping. But images taken from new camera are terrible. I'm afraid that the new camera you sent me is defective one. Please download and see the attached picture taken by new camera. for ease of compare I sent two pictures taken from different camera. DSC_0034.jpg is taken by new Nikon D-80. SA502709.jpg is taken from my old samsung digital camera. You can see horrible noise and too much yellow-oriented color. If this can be simply corrected by change of setting, please let me know and I will be very happy about that. Hope to see good news.

they send me a reply at June -25(!).
It took two days for reply like this.

Please contact 1800-280-9036 or 1718-627-6556 so a knowledgeable representative can assist you with your order.
Sincerely J&K Cameras

So I call them and ask what do i have to.
he said "just send camera body only to us ".
For my asking of resending cost, he replied "we will give it back as receipt you send"

So I send the defective camera via UPS air shipping and put the receipt in it.

Then i sent email to sales department. (june-25)
I contacted and talked customer service representative. I shipped defective camera body via UPS 2nd day air delivery. It will be delivered to you for tomorrow (6-26-2007). He told me that this item's Return authorization code is rdex_jayjeankwak. UPS tracking number is 1ZA9V9400700666###. I also attached receipt of shippment for you to refund it to me. Please let me know if you receive the returned item and ready to ship the new one. I'm sure that you will send me a 'not defective' brand new camera - of course not a refurbished or repaired one. Regards.

they did not reply this mail for two days.
in the end of my pacient, I call again at june-28.
They said "the inspection of returned camera will be done for 3 or 4 days."
and " call us at next monday(july-2)"

It makes me so upset but i didn't know any other way to resolve this situation but just waiting.

After long and tough waiting, I call them again at july-2.

"The new camera will be shipped at this evening" he said.
I asked him " how about my shipping cost?"
but he answered "We didn't find any receipt from you".
"I PUT THE RECEIPT IN THE BOX" I yelled.
"The box was already disposed so we can't find the receipt"
....

After for some seconds of silence he offered me that they will send it via airshipping.
but I was really upset by their rude customer service, I said "No, that's not enough."
"It is caused by you sent me a defective one and Sending it back via airshipping is none of deal issue. I need you send me my shipping cost too!"

After another seconds of silence he offered me additional 1GB SD memory and air shipping.
It did not worth as I spent for it, but I have accept it.

BUT
after 20 or 30 minutes, They call me - it was the first call from them!.
He said " we can't give you the additional memory. Air shipping is our final offer. "
I have to accept it because there is no way after i reject it.
if I want to send back all item and refund it, it is so clear that they will make thing more complicated and even worse.


Tomorrow I got the package, Camera looks new and image taken seems good.
but camera box was already opened one and even different model's.


The only thing I can do for this terrible deal is give them a negative feedback.

I left a message on feedback.
"
Not recommended. shipped defective camera. returned camera box already opened."

after 1 hours later they replied to this feedback.
Reply by jandkcameras (Jul-03-07 12:58):
Replaced defective camera. Shppd overnight...sorry, this happens, we do our best

and That was all.

Their seller rating is still 99.9% positive and most of buyer are still leaving positive feedback to them!


But in that evening somebody call me and say "I'm the sale manager of J&K camera. Was there any problem for that deal?"
so i explained him why I upset and he also tried to tell me that there was no problem with returning process and they did their best.
He thought that there was no problem about opened box because the contents included in it -camera- was new one.

So I tell him " OK. everything I can accept what you said even though I don't agree with it. but how about my returning shipping cost?"
then he said "We can refund it. we are not bad company."

Ha...

with two weeks of stress for it, I finally refunded shipping cost of $39. Then I agreed to remove negative feedback.

Too painful experience for me.

No comments: